understand Supplicant PAE state machine

ifreebiz at fastmail.fm ifreebiz
Mon Jun 12 13:40:34 PDT 2006

   I think I understand this better now. An eapolEAP packet at
   CONNECTING state will cause the supplicant PAE state machine to go to
   Restart state; in addition, the EAP state machine will restart, and
   then triger the PAE state machine to transit from RESTART state to
   Authenticating state.
    So the purpose of RESTART state in PAE SM is to cause the EAP state
    machine to restart during the transition from Connecting state to
    Authenticatng state. Please let me know if my understanding is
    wrong.

Thanks, Andrew.

  ifreebiz at fastmail.fm