PTK cipher mismatch

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jun 8 20:37:43 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 10:06:28AM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> Can you post the section of your config file that refers to the AP(s)
> you are attempting to connect to?

That would indeed be easier than having to parse debug log to figure out
what was configured.

> Can you also post what's on line 35 of your config file?

That line is just the end of a network block. The comment about removing
CCMP is just a notification that the network block included a pairwise
cipher configuration that did not include CCMP, but there was no group
cipher configuration (or there was one that included CCMP) and the
impossible CCMP case was removed automatically.

Anyway, the problem seems to be in the configuration trying to use
non-WPA mode with TKIP, if I understood it correctly. If the purpose was
to use LEAP with TKIP (Cisco specific mode..), key_mgmt needs to be set
to WPA-EAP, not IEEE8021X. Mihai, if this was not the case, please send
the configuration block and describe how the AP is configured.