how to use wpa_supplicant on wpa network with peap and credentialing

John H. mistamaila
Fri Jul 28 12:30:23 PDT 2006

no go, it won't work:(
attached is the debug information, and i replaced my school's ssid
with myssid and my username with myusername

here is what i had to do in windows to get it working
wpa
tkip

in authentication, change eap type to to peap and click on properties
uncheck validate server cert, change select auth method to secured
pass(eap-mschap v2) and check enable fast reconnect

click configure on select auth method, and uncheck automatically use
my windows logon name and password

i then connected, but i specified nothing for domain, only something
for user and password.