Hostapd / Macbook Pro 4-way handshake issue

Michael Stevens mike
Wed Jul 19 16:14:20 PDT 2006

Ta-Chien Lin sent us a link to a previous post at
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2006-May/013235.html. The patch there
fixes the problem but it appears hostapd is correct in sending out both IEs
according to Page 83/98 of the 802.11i spec.
http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.11i-2004.pdf

Wireshark has a similar problem and does not decode the data field in all
cases because of an incorrect conditional in epan/disectors/packet-eapol.c

Mike Stevens
Software Engineer
Hobnob, Inc.