hostap 0.4.7 with the 2.6.17 kernel

Pavel Roskin proski
Wed Jul 5 22:40:22 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 01:00 -0400, Sun Kim wrote:

> Then how can I enable it?

Enable it in the .config file, e.g. by using "make menuconfig"

> Jul  6 00:41:28 localhost cardmgr[3272]: 'orinoco_cs' already bound to
> socket 0

And while at that, you may want to disable Orinoco support in the
kernel.

> [root at localhost mkim]# /sbin/lsmod | grep hostap
> hostap                116425  0
> ieee80211_crypt         6721  1 hostap

Make sure you have support for PCMCIA hostap (so that you have the
hostap_cs module).

> Actually, I installed 'hostapd-0.4.9-11.rhfc4.at.i386.rpm' with
> 2.6.17-fc4. Then I command the following without changing anything in
> file hostapd.conf. Could you tell me what's happening here? Thank
> you.
>
> [root at localhost mkim]# hostapd -B /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
> Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
> ioctl(SIOCGIFINDEX): No such device
> hostap driver initialization failed.
> rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory

hostapd is configured to use hostap driver, but that driver is not used
on the network interface specified in hostapd.conf.  And it looks like
you don't have that such network interface at all.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin