zydas driver problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Jan 27 07:20:16 PST 2006

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 02:04:33AM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> And next, when will driver writers START F-ING USING WEXT?  I really
> don't get it.  Every freaking driver has a different set of ioctl calls
> to do WPA.  We're up to somewhere around, what, 7 or 8 now?  How dumb is
> that?

Maybe this could happen once most users have moved to WE-18.. If there
is need to support older kernel versions, one will have to implement
private ioctls (etc.) to configure WPA or get all users patching their
kernels which is not really going to happen. In other words, this is
going to take some time, but will hopefully happen at some point.