wpa_supplicant and a WRT54GS (v2)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jan 5 19:48:44 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 02:06:59PM -0600, Nicolaus Hill wrote:

> I've been having no end of trouble getting wpa_supplicant (tried v.5
> and .4.7) working with the WRT54GS. It just fails to authenticate,
> even though I know for a fact that the pre-shared keys are identical
> (running WPA-PSK/TKIP)
>
> running with ndiswrapper on a RTL8185L chipset PCI wireless card.

Your configuration looks fine and association seems to be completing
successfully. wpa_supplicant receives the association event and all the
information in it looks fine. WPA 4-Way Handshake starts, but for some
reason, the AP does not seem to like the second message. Debug log from
wpa_supplicant does not seem to be indicating any clear reason for this.

Would it be possible for you to run a wireless sniffer to capture the
frames send between the client and AP?