iapp and security blocks

Rusty Chris Holleman reverendbean
Wed Jan 4 09:31:36 PST 2006

I'm putting together a number of APs that will be running hostapd and would like to know how much work would be involved in extending the current IAPP code to handle passing 802.1x information between APs.

 For basic purposes, bssid->ip mappings can be kept in a text file and managed manually, and I can limit access to the ethernet portion of the network (so iapp encryption/validation/esp are not critical).

 My question:  what is the scope of the work involved to add 'move-notify' and 'cache-notify' support to iapp.c ?  My goal is to speed up roaming and reassociation.  Has anyone started working on this, or researched it to know how much new code would be needed?  Any pointers on where to start?

 Thanks-
 Chris