Association Problems. (WPA_Supplicant 0.5.1 + Madwifi-ng 20060210)

Dan Williams dcbw
Mon Feb 27 06:09:41 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 11:25 +0100, Renaud Roques wrote:
> The scan gives good results. Wpa_supplicant tries to associate but next
> error is:
> ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETMLME]: Argument list too long
> Association request to the driver failed
>
> It fails two times, and then scan begins again...

Are you using a recent version of madwifi-ng from SVN? (ie, within the
last 3 - 4 weeks)

I've tried recent versions, and I've talked to at least two other people
who've tried recent versions, and nobody has gotten it to work reliably
with wpa_supplicant.  Sometimes I don't event get it to work reliably on
it's own with iwconfig and the custom utils.  They really need to get
their s**t together.  On a side note, if anyone knows of a good /stable/
revision of madwifi-ng SVN, please let me know.

Dan