Combination of required software for Linux

Vincent Nainemoutou Vincent.Nainemoutou
Wed Feb 8 05:50:31 PST 2006

    Hello,

    I am trying to run wpa_supplicant on linux (FC3, FC4) using RSN and
had never got any success unless using just WPA .

    I have dell laptops with minipci Intel 2200BG wifi cards, and Cisco
Aps : 1121BG and 1242ABG , the SSID is hidden, and things are running
great for windows machines.

    BTW, with a basic broadcasted SSID with a wep key,  I have been able
to set the network up using iwconfig.

    My current software set is :

    -> kernel 2.6.14-1.1656
    -> ieee80211-1.1.9
    -> ipw2200-1.0.10
    -> wpa_supplicant 0.3.9 (the one working with WPA), and have also
tried 0.4.7
    -> Intel firmware 2.4
    -> Wireless extention  WE(compiled)=19, WE(source)=16

    Thank you for any suggestion.
    --Vincent