Madwifi-NG + hostapd + RSN

Leonardo Maccari maccari-thisaintpartofmyaddress-
Tue Feb 7 13:51:36 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 11:09:31PM +0100, thomas schorpp wrote:

> use madwifi-old from old cvs repository, see below. maybe they patched something in the svn repository.

well I hope that is they have patched something they have done it for
good.. :)

anyway I've got old cvs source and results are disappointing as well.

> ask madwifi.org. i wont change *anything* until i can replace it with the future driver from ath-driver.org

what are you exactly supposed to change? I was not complaning at you, I
was just asking if there exist a stable combination.

> i cant mourn with madwifi-old and hostapd rev 0.4.7:

i see...

> the peer was a macos tiger g4 powerbook, other peers not logged here are winxpsp2 or linux wpa_supplicant.

ugh! also wpa_supplicant ones?

> #network 192.168.2.0
> wireless_iwpriv_mode 3   <--- 811g, i remember i tweaked here, but such a iwpriv command was added to the debian wireless-scripts lately.

I have same chipset of yours but a 11b client so I set it to 0.

> tom3:~# lspci
> 0000:00:10.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

lautrec:/home/leonardo/src/madwifi# lspci
0000:00:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212 802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

so. so it seems that more than a madwifi issue it could be something
between madwifi and client software/hardware. one last thing, kernel
2.6.15 comes with WE 19, is that what you're using? you wrote something
about it before I didn't really understand.
Anyway i'll try with different client hardware.

ciao,
leonardo.

--
   Key fingerprint = 3129 C583 F03B 2E73 0115  C040 3489 0185 B592 19FE
 Obviously -thisaintpartofmyaddress- is not part of my real email address