WPA-EAP-TTLS with AirPort Extreme

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Dec 24 15:59:05 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 12:31:22AM +0100, J?rg Sommer wrote:

> I configured my wpa_supplicant according the instructions at
> <http://www.uni-jena.de/Linux_Fedora_Core___Scientific_Linux_4_x_mit_WPA_EAP_TTLS_PAP.html>,
> but I can't connect to the network. The log is here
> <http://www.minet.uni-jena.de/~joergs/wlan12.wpa>. Can someone tell we what
> goes wrong? Why wpa_supplicant can not connect?

It looks like the association works fine and the AP is starting IEEE
802.1X authentication. However, there is no sign of a valid response to
the supplicant EAP response with the anonymous identity. It looks like
the AP could be disconnecting at this point.

Do you know whether there are some specific requirements for the
anonymous identity in this network? The instructions you pointed at did
not have any clear comment on the use anonymous_identity. Have you tried
commenting out anonymous_identity option (i.e., use the real identity in
first phase)?