Fwd: Multicast traffic

Ignasi Blanco Sastre elcorreu
Mon Dec 18 09:57:52 PST 2006

Hi,

I asked a question about multicast traffic and probably I missed some
details;
So I have AP with a PrismII card running in hostAP mode (hostap 0.4.9 +
Conceptronic Airbridge 11C) and I haven't any STA's in Power Save Mode in
the network. Standard 802.11 say that when there are frames in AP must be
sended to STA.

But I sended multicast traffic and it is limited by DTIM period
(dtim_period=3). Multicast traffic are delayed until the third beacon frame
with bitmap control at 1.

How to send multicast traffic according to standard ? Is it a driver problem
or firmware problem?

Thank you