Rate mismatch with Devicescape IEEE 802.11 stack and reported encryption methodes in beacon

Olivier H olivier.ho
Wed Aug 23 13:46:54 PDT 2006

2006/8/23, Olivier H <olivier.ho at gmail.com>:

> > > So when i run hostapd in G mode, the stack will assume B mode.
> > > So the easiest way to solve this is to set the hostapd values same as in the
> > > stack:
> > >
> > > typedef enum {
> > >    HOSTAPD_MODE_IEEE80211B = 1,
> > >    HOSTAPD_MODE_IEEE80211G = 3,
> > >    HOSTAPD_MODE_IEEE80211A = 0,
> > >    NUM_HOSTAPD_MODES = 3
> > > } hostapd_hw_mode;
> > >
> > > What do you think of that? Can it be include in next release?
> >
> > No, that is not acceptable. The correct fix would be to change
> > i802_set_rate_sets to convert mode parameter to use proper enum when
> >  talking to the driver.
>

> I tough so, but i just picked the easiest and fastest way to make sure this was really  the way to solve the problem.
>
> modes weren't translated, so i made a patch to do it. se attached file

My previous patch wan't fully working for my problem. The translation
need also to me made in the i802_set_freq().
After a quick look, it's seem to be no other translation of this kind needed.

see enclosed patch

Olivier