[PATCH] expanded dbus control interface functionality and cleanups
Mon Aug 21 12:36:40 PDT 2006
Support a somewhat usable spread of commands, and clean up some D-Bus
- Move to abstract object paths for interfaces, rather than using the
interface's name, which can change, as part of the object path. This
requires an additional field in struct wpa_supplicant because I don't
want to write my own out-of-band hash table code to map object paths to
interface structures. No drivers are supposed to use struct
wpa_supplicant anyway, so there shouldn't be ABI issues.
- Add hooks for interface registration and unregistration to generate
and store the dbus object path
- Standardize D-Bus interfaces and object paths; separate dbus
interfaces for BSSIDs, networks, and network interfaces.
- Support adding, removing, selecting networks, setting network options,
interface capabilities, disconnecting, and ap_scan
- Add string array support to the D-Bus dict helpers
Patch is fairly large and wouldn't make it past moderation; grab it
Next up is hooking NetworkManager up with a dbus-enabled wpa_supplicant
and seeing where the puzzle pieces don't fit together.
More information about the Hostap