hostapd for wired Ethernet: Not receiving EAPOL packets..

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Aug 20 09:38:53 PDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 08:19:52AM -0400, Ravi Govindarao wrote:

>    I am running linux 2.6.13 and hostapd 0.4.9 with patches provided in
> sourceforge project named "port authentication entity":
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pae
> Also have the pae.ko in place but still hostapd is not receiving any of
> the eapol packets sent from the supplicant. I see the eapol pkts using a
> sniffer. Am I missing any thing?

Are you using bridging? Which network interface is configured in
hostapd? Which supplicant are you using? Which destination address is
the supplicant using in EAPOL frames? Please verify that the PAE group
address (01:80:c2:00:00:03) is added as a multicast group in
/proc/net/dev_mcast.