wpa-supplicant debug level & output destination configuration

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Aug 13 08:26:51 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 04:55:54PM +0530, Sengar, Pradeep (Cognizant) wrote:

> I am trying to find out how do we set the debug level for wpa-supplicant
> on windows xp and then how do we set this debug output to be dumped into
> syslog/stderr etc.

For wpa_supplicant.exe, debug verbosity can be configured with command
line parameters (-d or -dd). For winsvc.exe (wpa_supplicant as a Windows
service), debug level is set in HKLM\SOFTWARE\wpa_supplicant key with
debug_level DWORD value (see win_example.reg). Currently, there is only
support for writing the debug output to stdout.