[driver_prism54] success with WPA-PSK TKIP & [driver_madwifi] logical bug in madwifi_set_sta_authorized?

chunkeey at web.de chunkeey
Thu Aug 10 05:04:15 PDT 2006

Hi,

In the past few days, I had some trouble to get my
Prism54 device working with Hostapd (WPA-PSK).
The current driver is rather broken (and needs a cleanup badly).
So, rewrote some parts. Now, I can connect with wpa_supplicant 0.5.3 and
Windows XP' Supplicant without problems and fire some pings around.

So, if someone with "better coding skills" is interested, I could make a
patch.

now the madwifi part:
On my "researches", I probably found a bug in
madwifi_set_sta_authorized (driver_madwifi @ line 404)

WLAN_STA_AUTHORIZED is AFAIK 0x20;

--- line 407 (hostapd snapshot 2006-08-07)
	if (flags_or & WLAN_STA_AUTHORIZED)
		return madwifi_set_sta_authorized(priv, addr, 1);
	if (flags_and & WLAN_STA_AUTHORIZED)
		return madwifi_set_sta_authorized(priv, addr, 0);
---

the problem lies in line 409,
the kernel driver won't ever receive the "UNAUTHORIZED" request,
since the "flag_and" is always NOT WLAN_STA_AUTHORIZED.
(e.g 0xffffffdf & 0x20 = 0), right?

I don't have a Atheros chip right now. So, can someone try the patch and
report back?

Regards,
	Christian Lamparter