VS2005 Windows Project / Solution with VS2005 (not qt or mingw)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Aug 7 20:50:41 PDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 11:40:58AM -0700, George S. Lockwood wrote:

> Right now -today- I'm just trying to take the wpa_cli example and put it
> into a class.  I shouldn't be having trouble with that, but I am getting
> "unresolved external" errors apparently because I cannot link to the c-style
> functions in common.c and oswin32.c modules.

What exactly are you trying to do? I don't understand why you would be
creating a class from wpa_cli.. It is just a cli wrapper on top of using
the control interface commands directly. wpa_ctrl.c (and matching
wpa_ctrl.h) is designed to be included in control interface clients and
this header file is even defining the needed extern "C" scope for C++
build to avoid issues with different symbol names between C and C++.

Use of wpa_ctrl.h functions and the available commands is described in
developers' documentation:

http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/ctrl_iface_page.html

With the new named pipe -based implementation, some additional code is
needed (take a look at wpa_cli_get_default_ifname() in wpa_cli.c for an
example).