wpa supplicant problems continue - wrt54gs says pre-shared key incorrect

John H. mistamaila
Thu Apr 27 21:00:26 PDT 2006

I don't get it, i can get on wpa linksys network at one location, but
not my dell truemobile 2300, and now on a friend's linksys, both
saying
 "WPA: 4-Way HAndshake failed - pre-shared key may be incorrect"

i mean, is it possible wpa_passphrase is translating it wrong, or
something?  on this new network, i can get on fine with windows typing
the ascii password.
it's a WPA personal TKIP wrt54gs setup

here is my wpa_supplicant.conf portion, i just don't get it!

network={
       ssid="dapt"
	scan_ssid=1
	pairwise=TKIP
  #psk="d00lahfz"
        psk=5e73b610917f12228e803718ccdf722d1a3fca76a14edcf5a5101e553018142e
	group=TKIP
   	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	proto=WPA
}