question about using wpa_supplicant with my dell router

Henrik Brix Andersen brix
Fri Sep 30 01:14:18 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 10:24:43PM -0500, John H. wrote:
> hi, i am using zd1211 driver for my usb wireless device, and it is
> working fine.  I want to use WPA function on my wireless router, and i
> told it to use a ascii characters pre-shared key, wpa group rekey
> interval of 300, and TKIP encryption type.  my ssid is
> "blah"
>
> after installing wpa_supplicant for my distro, which I did, what would
> the conf file entry for this particular ssid be? I saw some examples
> talking about a user/pass, but I obviously only have a pre-shared key,
> no user/pass.

ctrl_interface_group=0
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

network={
	ssid="blah"
	psk="yourasciipassphrase"
	proto=WPA
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	pairwise=TKIP
}

Sincerely,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at gentoo.org>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd