Question regarding WPA-PSK 4-way EAPOLs (wpa-supplicant 0.3.9)

Bryan Kadzban bryan
Thu Sep 29 04:07:45 PDT 2005

Bar, Eitan wrote:
> Normally EAPOL timeout at Cisco AP is 100ms (seen also in Sniffer).
> wpa_supplicant responses are quicker than that.

I thought they were quicker than that too, in my case (although I didn't
know what the timeout was in the AP).  In any case, v0.4.5 fixed it.

> Attached to this message is an Airopeek sniffer trace showing the
> failed handshake. I would really appreciate if you could take a look
> :)

Looks superficially similar to what I was seeing, at least.  I was doing
a full EAP, and I was using AES-CCMP also, so the individual packets are
different, so I'm not entirely sure if it's the same issue.  But it
looks pretty close.

(Resending because I didn't send this to the list last time.)