wpa_supplicant (Win32)

Jan Lühr listen
Wed Sep 28 13:31:49 PDT 2005

Hello,

at the moment I'm trying to use wpa_supplicant under Win2k (yeah, it's
masochism, but my pointy hairy boss...)
However, wpa_supplicant is up and running (hurray) - for Administratorat
least.
My next problem to have wlan if an ordinary user logs in...
My first approach has been to write a batch file, fired as Administrator every
time the box start (linked in Group Policy / computer configuration and so
on) - but as long as deamonising doesn't work - the computer is freezes on
start, waiting for wpa_supplicant all time.
So I tried to add "start" in my script in order to lunch in independent
process, but anyway, this haven't worked out for reasons I don't know.
(Windows is far from verbose...)
My next approach has been to link the batch-scrip in "startup". This works
fine, if an Administrator logs in, but fails at ordinary users.
(Some security-stuff I guess)
Furthermore I haven't found any hint how to run wpa_supplicant as a windows
service.
Do you know how to use wpa_supplicant as an ordinary user or how to use it as
a windows service?

Keep smiling
yanosz