hostap + mac filtering

Bryan Kadzban bryan
Wed Sep 28 03:59:24 PDT 2005

Jouni Malinen wrote:
>> I wonder if a "MAC access control by RADIUS" feature would be
>> helpful in hostapd.
>
> It is already supported in hostapd with Prism2. Though, hostapd is
> doing this at the same time as the static MAC ACLs, i.e., before
> association. In case of madwifi, this could be done by having a way
> for hostapd to register a callback for madwifi to ask whether a STA
> is allowed to authenticate.

Heh -- so you're saying I should have looked before saying anything.
You're right, of course.  ;-)

However, if you did it after association, you wouldn't need a callback
from the madwifi driver.

Well, whatever.  I doubt it's a very pressing need for very many people,
so it's probably no big deal.

> Anyway, I don't see much point in spending much more time with this
> kind of feature.

You're probably right.