Using hostapd behind the AP (on the wired side)

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith
Mon Sep 26 22:05:59 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 23:23 -0500, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Is it even possible?  I was hoping so.  I know this seems rather
> broad/generic of a question, but I just didn't want to get too deep into
> using hostapd if it wasn't possible for an STA to reach a node on the
> wired portion of a bridging AP at all.  I assume it always is,
> especially if the frames are 802.1X.

Let me re-phrase that, an AP that always offers open system access (even
if WEP is supported) should bridge to the wired, correct?

I understand there is a chicken-egg issue if you're trying to prevent
authentication, association and access through an AP to the nodes behind
it, but that's something we can work with on a product-by-product basis.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com