Startup problems

Christian Frankerl MainNewz
Wed Sep 21 03:57:15 PDT 2005

Hello Henrik,

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 12:01:31PM +0200, Christian Frankerl wrote:
>> Why do i need to set the wlan-card to Mastermode? I thought this is
>> the Job from hostapd?

> No, hostapd only handles the authentication side of things.

I want to configure an AP for my parents. They should connect from
WindowsXP to the linux AP.

How should i solve the security problem? Should i use OpenVPN or can i
use hostap if there are WindowsXP clients too? Can i use the RADIUS
solution with WindowsXP? Is RADIUS only the authentication sytem or
does it encrypt the connection too?

Where can i get a good Tutorial/Howto for the security aspect?

A lots of questions :) I hope anyone can help me :)

Thx a lot
Chris