halleluia: m$ dumps Vulnerable Encryption Algorithms

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Sep 19 19:28:44 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 11:06:30PM +0200, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:

> vulnerable cryptographic algorithms; reservations for second hand info:
>
>   http://www.ebcvg.com/articles.php?id=886
>
> I think ths is relevant, as I noticed somee/all these algorithms are used
> when building when building wpa_supplicant under certain conditions.

And the article is talking about dumping these in "new code", i.e., not
in things like MSCHAPv2 which is often used with both EAP-PEAP and
EAP-MSCHAPv2. Could luck trying to replace that use of MD4 and DES with
the currently deployed systems.. Sure, more secure EAP methods are (or
will become) available, but it will take time to move to them. MSCHAPv2
will need to be supported for quite some time.