How to install after cross compilation

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Sep 17 19:10:35 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 07:12:19PM +0530, sharad wrote:

> I have cross-compiled hostap-driver-0.3.9 using another kernel source tree for MIPS.The cross compiler i used was mipsel-linux-gcc.
>
> make KERNEL_PATH=/home/sharad/src/linux-2.4.21.

> Now i want to know how can i install my modules so that when i re-compile the kernel, it is loaded in the kernel automatically, so that i can easily port it to the device for which i have compiled for.

This depends on your target board configuration. Usually, I just copy
the kernel modules (hostap.o, hostap_crypt_*.o, hostap_cs.o,
hostap_pci.o, hostap_plx.o) from driver/modules directory to
/lib/modules/<kernel ver>/pcmcia (or some similar path). If needed,
depmod could be run here to update the module depency lists. Getting
modules loaded automatically would require KMOD or hotplug to be
configured.