Question about auto select free channel !

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Sep 17 18:57:44 PDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 12:26:08PM +0200, Franz Skale wrote:

> But if a wlan sends already on channel 3 i cannot connect to my hostap
> WLAN.
> There's always a encrpytion error in my syslog.

Please send the exact error message.. What else is on that channel? I
have not heard of problems in using Host AP driver as an AP on channels
that have other APs.

> Is it possible that the hostapd scans the WLAN and selects a free
> channel available ?
> Is it possible with iwpriv ?

It should be possible to implement such a feature, but the current
version does not include this kind of functionality.