wpa-supplicant questions

Bar, Eitan eitanb
Thu Sep 8 00:46:21 PDT 2005

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for the response :)

Regarding Pre-authentication, a few more questions:

1. When the driver generates the EVENT_PMKID_CANDIDATE event, this is
done per BSSID, right? Meaning the driver should parse scan results, for
APs with same SSID, and generate EVENT_PMKID_CANDIDATE event per AP?

2. Does the driver have to wait for a SET-PMKID (pre-auth complete) to
be called before issuing a new EVENT_PMKID_CANDIDATE event? Or can it
send a few events as a bunch and then wait for all results?

3. Can the driver called EVENT_PMKID_CANDIDATE with current (connected)
BSSID?

4. Regarding pre-auth failure, I will probably modify the event handler
to start a timeout per BSSID and then notify the driver of failure. I
currently need this since it is a driver requirement (host CPU must be
informed of end of pre-authentication process so it would be able to
power-down if idle).
Besides timeout of a request, is there a specific fail message sent by
APs in case of pre-auth failure?

THANKS AGAIN :)

Eitan