Failing to read config file - v0.4.4

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Sep 3 08:39:17 PDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 09:10:58AM -0400, Edward Ocampo-gooding wrote:

> I'm using wpa_supplicant v0.4.4, madwifi-driver-0.1_pre20050420-r1
> (Gentoo), and a Sony PCWA-C300S (Atheros) card.
>
> A month ago, wpa_supplicant worked without any problems, but after
> unknown changes were made (I've just forgotten), it doesn't work
> anymore.

Unknown changes to what? Made by whom?

> # wpa_supplicant -iath0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.example -d -Dmadwifi
> Failed to read configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.example'.

If that example file is the commented configuration file in
wpa_supplicant distribution, it may include configuration for EAP types
that are not included in the build.

Have you built wpa_supplicant with CONFIG_NO_STDOUT_DEBUG=y in .config?
That would remove more detailed error messages from configuration file
parsing.

> Trying to feed wpa_supplicant any world-readable file also has it
> failing to read.

Of course configuration file parsing will fail if you try to read
something that is not in valid format..