Host AP driver and Linux 2.6.14

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Oct 27 20:55:59 PDT 2005

Host AP driver is now included in the Linux kernel tree (starting from
the 2.6.14 release couple of hours ago). All the future development of
the driver is expected to happen in the kernel tree from now on and the
external releases from hostap.epitest.fi will be only maintained to
support older kernel versions. In other words, no new features are
planned for inclusion and 0.4.x will be the final version for the
external Host AP driver tarballs.

Other than the location of releases and main code repository, I don't
expect larger changes in the development process. I will continue
collecting patches for the driver and then submit them for inclusion
into the kernel tree.