wpa_supplicant problem after kernel upgrade

engage engage
Sat Oct 22 19:07:55 PDT 2005

I just installed kernel 2.6.13.4. The drivers for ipw2200 (1.0.8) and
ieee80211 (1.1.6) are loaded and iwconfig  shows wlan0. Firmware 2.4 was
installed in the appropriate firmware directory. I was using
wpa_supplicant-0.3.9 prior to the kernel upgrade. I tried recompiling (no
errors) and installing but I still cannot connect to my AP. So I tried
upgrading to wpa_supplicant-0.4.5. It compiled & installed OK but running
wpa_supplicant still produces:

ioctl[IPW_IOCTL_WPA_SUPPLICANT]: Operation not supported

I'm using WPA-PSK.

If you want me to supply the complete debugging output let me know.

The intel wireless chip associates with the AP with the encryption turned off.