wpa_supplicant troubles with connection following authentication (cannot get IP)

Joseph Love joe
Fri Oct 14 22:15:48 PDT 2005

A little more information into the scope of the problem, and why I
came here before going to the FreeBSD lists:
For several months, many people on campus have been trying to get
their wireless working under Linux, and have been reporting similar
results to what I have, which is that it seems to authenticate but
does not get an ip address from the dhcp server (although, I believe
all of them were using xsupplicant).  Because of this, I felt that it
would be more likely that I could find someone who might understand
the problem better here, than on the freebsd lists.

Now, onto the questions:
I am using FreeBSD 6.0RC1, with wpa_supplicant 0.4.5 (downloaded from
the hostap website).  The last time I tried 0.3.9, I received similar
results, and figured that maybe I should try a more recent version.
The version I tried on windows was also 0.4.5, but was the binary
version.

A packet dump is available at http://www.getsomewhere.net/
uicwireless.dump .  It seems that those LLC packets were for a
spanning tree protocol.

I find the key config stuff you mentioned interesting.  I wonder if
there are issues with dynamic wep keying that I am facing.

-Joe