MIC failure after 4 way handshake (after PTK is installed and beforeGTK is received)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Oct 8 10:19:42 PDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 11:46:19AM +0300, Bar, Eitan wrote:

> I just wanted to say (to whoever is interested) that I have managed to SOLVE this issue by SWITCHING the TX and RX MIC set along with the PTK.

Thanks for reporting this. I added a comment to the set_key()
documentation about this in hope of making it easier to figure out what
could be going wrong with TKIP.