Ad Hoc to Infrastructure (Readable post)

Rahul Long brainstrm
Sun Oct 2 00:36:17 PDT 2005

Hi Everyone,
                   I needed some advice on how to set up a adhoc to
infrastructure gateway. I have 2 wireless cards in the same laptop (Dell
Latitude) and am running Linux FC4 2.6.12 kernel.
wlan0 (Netgear MA401, Prism 2.5) is in hostap (master) mode at 192.168.1.1
and the second wireless nic eth0 (Dell Truemobile 1150) is at 192.168.2.1 in
Ad Hoc mode. eth0 uses AODV-UU-0.9.1 to network and route with other PCs on
192.168.2.0/24.

I tried setting "192.168.2.1" and "192.168.1.1" on each Nic to be the
default gateway for each of those networks. though the laptop saw both
networks the other PC's on the AD hoc network did not see the 192.168.1.0/24
network.
I also tried to make a bridge between the two networks on the laptop with
br0 set to 192.168.2.1 but that did not work, as pings did not pass between
networks.

Can anyone suggest a way to set up something like this where i can pass
between two mode's of networks using one laptop and 2 wireless nics in the
same laptop using hostap and Possibly AODV (I am using AODV as i was aiming
to extend the reach of the Network in adhoc mode.)
AODV uses hello messages to establish a route before transmitting and binds
while running to one Nic which i set as eth0 although i did try it on wlan0
without any difference.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Cheers.
Rahul