wonder about management frames communication between kernel space and user space

hua law hualaw
Fri Nov 18 18:29:25 PST 2005

I know that the hostap use user space process to handle the athentication
and association request frame.The process includes sending request frames to
the user space and sending back the response frames to the kernel.
 In the driver code, I found the following code in prism2_rx_p80211
function.It seems the kernel drops the frames, why?
  if (type == PRISM2_RX_MGMT && (fc & WLAN_FC_PVER)) {
printk(KERN_DEBUG "%s: dropped management frame with header "
"version %d\n", dev->name, fc & WLAN_FC_PVER);
dev_kfree_skb_any(skb);
return 0;
}
 In hostapd, I found the function hostap_send_mgmt_frame() and they use
send() to send their managemen response, but where the kernel accept the
messages and complete station's management process?
 Help me please!
 Best regard