unknown timeout using wpa_supplicant

Tony Jarnigan tony
Wed Nov 9 10:09:35 PST 2005

My Linux box (A) is using wpa_supplicant(v4.4) to do WPA-PSK to a Proxim AP.
It connects fine but when another machine(B) on the network tries to ping
it, there's no response; no ssh or vnc either although the daemons are
running. It's not iptables or any other firewall software, nothing is
running.

Oddly enough, if A pings B, B can connect no problem. If I discontinue the
ping, the problem seems to come up again within 2 minutes. If I turn off
WPA-PSK and not run wpa_supplicant, everything works as expected.

Any ideas on what is going on? I appreciate any suggestions.