how to cleanup a previous hostap installation

limor lims
Sun Nov 6 23:46:06 PST 2005

Assuming my hostap_cs.conf is just a copy of the example one that is
provided with the package,
then isn't it true that applying "make clean", "make" and "make install" in
the package directory will replace those files anyway even if I don't remove
them first? I think that is what happened when I tried it (and as I
mentioned - whatever the problem in my current installation is, it did not
go away when I re-installed the package).
Are there no other files that the driver might have left somewhere when it
was still functioning well (that might cause the errors I described)? files
that are created/changed dynamically when the driver is active? something
must have changed somewhere to cause the problem and I don't suspect it's
the driver object files that were changed.. The linux is only used for 2
purposes - 1. to test WPA PSK (via wpa_supplicant) on the Prism Cf card. 2.
to sniff the wireless communication on the network with Ethereal using
monitor mode on the Prism. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Limor.