Host AP/hostapd/wpa_supplicant repository and cvs vs. git

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Nov 6 16:41:34 PST 2005

I'm considering of moving from using CVS to git for Host AP / hostapd /
wpa_supplicant repository and would like to know whether someone is
depending on the current anonymous pserver access to the CVS repository.
For those who do not know git, it is the new content tracking tool used
in Linux kernel development.

My git repository would be available in the same way as the CVS
repository and there would be a web interface to the new repository, so
the main change would not be in what is being available, but just in the
protocol used to access it. I would probably leave the CVS repository
available for some time and/or make it available as a downloadable
tarball of the cvsroot directory, but all the new changes would be going
only into the git repository. Please let me know if this would cause
inconvenience.

If you are interested in seeing what the git repository looks like, the
web interface to my test repostitory is available at
http://hostap.epitest.fi/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi and the git repository can
be cloned from http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostap.git.