how to cleanup a previous hostap installation

limor lims
Sun Nov 6 08:07:45 PST 2005

Hi,
I had a HostAP driver compiled, installed and working on my Suse machine
with a DCF-66W card, and I used it with wpa_supplicant to connect to a WPA
enabled AP for a while.
In the last few days something went wrong and now as long as hostap_cs.conf
exists in etc/pcmcia HostAp tries to load but fails and iwconfig shows -
"wifi0 	no wireless extensions".
I renamed the conf file re-started - the orinoco driver loads and the card
works well as "eth1".
recompiling HostAP does not seem to help.

This is from my current dmesg log -
>hostap_cs: Registered netdevice wifi0
>hostap_cs: index 0x01: Vcc 3.3, irq 9, io 0x0100-0x013f
>prism2_hw_init: initialized in 232 ms
>wifi0: hfa384x_cmd: entry still in list? (entry=c6285b80, type=0, res=0)
>wifi0: hfa384x_cmd: command wasnot completed (res=0, entry=c6295b80,
type=0, cmd=0x0001, param0=0x0000, EVSTAT=8000, INTEN=0010)
>wifi0: MAC port 0 enabling failed
>wifi0: could not enable MAC port

and so on (a list of initialization errors) until eventually -

>hostap_cs: Shutdown failed

I am new to linux - are there files that I can manually delete in order to
make sure I really start-over with the hostAP installation (before I go to
the extreme measure of re-installing Suse)?..

Thanks,
Limor.