wrt54g ssid broadcast disabled

Bryan Kadzban bryan
Thu Nov 3 03:58:56 PST 2005

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> TKIP is identical in WPA and WPA2. CCMP is almost the same, but not
> exactly; if fragmentation is used and someone actually implemented CCMP
> as specified in WPA spec (i.e., in old IEEE 802.11i/D3.0), there would
> be interoperability issues.

Oh really...  Well, that's probably a good thing to file away in case I
ever need it, then.  Thanks!

> Key handshake uses different message contents

Well, just different OUIs in the IE(s) in the key-data field, right?  Or
are there other differences?  (I've read some of 802.11i, but not the
WPA spec.)

It is true that this would not be compatible though, you're right.

Thanks for the corrections, in any case!