Zaurus 5500 PDA

Jeff Elkins jeffelkins
Fri May 27 19:11:48 PDT 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 10:59 am, Jeff Elkins wrote:
> I've got a very basic newbie question...
>
> I'm running a Zaurus 5500 with a custom rom (not Open Zaurus) and I'd like
> to add hostap support. I've got a working arm cross-compiler and have
> successfully compiled kernels and modules, but never external modules, just
> the stuff in the kernel tree.
>
> I'm confused on how to integrate hostap into my source tree. I changed the
> makefile to a KERNEL_PATH pointing to my source and placed the driver
> directory under drivers/pcmcia...obviously, it didn't work.
>
> Could someone help me with this baby-step?

Just as a followup, I've successfully compiled the hostap apps for my arch
which is an arm kernel:
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 4
SUBLEVEL = 18
EXTRAVERSION = -rmk7-pxa3-embedix
EMBEDIXRELEASE =-021129

Am I correct in that I will have to patch the kernel? I did attempt a make in
the hostap module source dir with KERNEL_PATH pointed to my source tree and
CC pointed at my cross-compiler.