WPA with Cisco PCMCIA card?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat May 7 23:42:07 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 03:08:11PM +0200, Tilman Schoop wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a possibility to setup eap/tls and tkip
> with wpa_supplicant and a Cisco 350 PCMCIA WLAN card.
>
> I have seen that my card does not fall into one of the categories of
> supported drivers for wpa_supplicant,

So, you already know the answer to your question.. ;-)

> but from Jean Tourilhes howto
> website I have learned that the Cisco driver 2.1 can do AES(host) and
> MIC. Is there a possibility to use this driver with wpa_supplicant?

Someone would need to either implement Linux wireless extensions v18
support in the Cisco driver or a wpa_supplicant driver interface for the
current driver. This may also require changes for the driver; I haven't
looked into details of how the Cisco driver is supposed to work with
AES.