Selective scanning

Ajeet Nankani fromkth+hostap
Mon Mar 21 09:31:22 PST 2005

I think it does not matter which command invokes the host scan
functionality. The problem is if you leave scanning on firmware, it
scans all allowed(RID-FD10 or rather PDR 0x0303) channels and does not
give option to the host to specify channels, one must use host scan
functionality to scan selected channels only.

I think there are 2 ways to do it.
One way is to build another program and run it as daemon, this daemon
would take control of roaming/handoff, hence can do selective scanning also.
Another way could be to insert this handoff/roaming code in hostap
module, so that if STA is in host roaming mode 2 then this code takes
over the roaming, scanning, and selection of new AP.

Marcin and Jouni any comments on above ideas?

Jouni can you point out where would be the appropriate place to
implement the later option, that is inserting code in hostap to handle
host roaming mode 2.

Thanks,

-ajeet.