wpa_supplicant and unkown open AP

Martin Samuelsson hostap
Sun Mar 13 05:19:43 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 06:20:34PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi all!

Cheers,

> How do I configure wpa_supplicant so that it automatically associates
> with an access point if no encryption is required, but the ap is not in
> the wpa_supplicant config file?
>
> Thanks a lot and all the best

I'm afraid I don't think it's possible. :(   But please prove me wrong.
Anyone?

As a matter of fact I reported this feature lack as a wishlist bug to
the debian bug tracking system when migrating from waproamd to
wpasupplicant. Please see http://bugs.debian.org/287220 for that report.

Unless I'm wrong and wpasupplicant indeed already supports connecting to
unlisted networks my opinion is that adding the special case to connect to
anything when ssid="any" would be the clean and natural thing to do.
--
/Martin