802.11 MAC headers

Violet Bugeja justvio
Mon Mar 14 04:22:17 PST 2005

Hi,

I have a Prism 2.5 card set to Master mode, and I'm trying to analyze
the packets received by the network card.  I am running Ethereal and
the headers of the packets I'm receiving are Ethernet packets.  When I
set the card to monitor mode and run Ethereal again, the headers of the
packets are IEEE 802.11.  Is there any way I can get the IEEE 802.11
MAC header when the card is in Master mode, becuase I want this
computer set as an Access Point and at the same time I need to analyze
the packets coming in?