hostapd EAPOL-Key timeouts from Macintosh clients

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Mar 12 12:51:35 PST 2005

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 03:37:52PM -0500, Saul Tannenbaum wrote:

> I've gotten hostapd working fine in WPA Personal mode,
> and I can connect from an Windows XP client without
> any problems.
>
> I've been unable to get it to connect from two
> Macintoshes I've tried. The Macs both are running
> Mac OS 10.3, one with an old Airport (802.11b)
> card, one a newer Airport Extreme (802.11g) card.

I have not tested the current hostapd version with Mac OS 10.3 clients.
Could you please first test what happens if you enable only TKIP as a
pairwise cipher ("wpa_pairwise=TKIP")? If that does not help, I would
suggest testing a change in hostap/ieee802_1x.h to use EAPOL version 1
(i.e., change '2' to '1' on "#define EAPOL_VERSION 2" line).