WPA-PSK in hostap

Thirumalai T. Bhattar thirumalai
Thu Mar 3 02:22:29 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 12:41, Manoj Kundwani, Noida wrote:
> hi all,
> can anyone tell me  what should i do as i have compile the hostap driver and
> wpa-supplicant in linux 2.4.

Download the codes from http://hostap.epitest.fi/ (under the Latest
stable release) and follow the instructions in README files of each one
of them for compilation and usage. They are very much self-explanatory.

Otherwise, read the tutorials available at
http://hostap.epitest.fi/links.html

> The Procedure  of how should i do the wireless configuration in WPA-PSK
> mode.

The README in wpa_supplicant code has an example config for WPA-PSK.

> how should i add wireless interface to the linux machine.

You don't need to do anything for this. The interface is "added"
automatically by the driver. Just 'ifconfig and 'iwconfig' on the
created interface wlan0.

> how should i add AP lists

Read the sections 'Monitoring other APs' & 'Manual scan and roaming' in
the README of the driver.

> and other configurations.

Where else? READMEs only.

Regards,