which wireless card choose ?

G.W. Haywood ged
Sat Jun 18 06:56:18 PDT 2005

Hi all,

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 Jun Sun wrote:

> browse through the firmware flashing stories I have collected.
>
> http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/stories/

In

http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/stories/20031016_BradChapman.txt

the writer mentions that signal strength was improved by his firmware
upgrade.  I wonder does anyone have any information on which versions
of the firmware show improved signal strength and/or connectivity over
the previous versions?

Presently I'm using 1.5.6, and I wonder if I'll see any improvement in
connectivity if I upgrade to 1.8.x, as at the moment one of the links
I'm running is near the limit, with its existing cabling and antennae.
The cards are Netgear MA311 if that matters.

73,
Ged.